GU Roctane Gel x 1 Cherry Lime
GU Roctane Gel is designed for the hardest working athletes in sports. GU Roctane Gel originated as a premium energy gel developed by company founder Dr. William Vaughan to fuel his daughter Laura's course record at the Hardrock Hundred Mile Endurance Run in the Colorado Rockies. Now, after years of testing with thousands of elite athletes training for and competing in the most physically demanding sports in the world, it's your turn to fuel up like a pro. With 100 calories per pack, GU Roctane Gel takes athlete's top choice for an endurance energy gel, GU Sports, amplifies the original recipe and then adds new ingredients to boost performance in sustained, high-intensity efforts.
How it's done:
- It starts with GU's superior 80%/20%mix of complex/simple carbohydrates that provide quick and sustained energy. GU's original recipe also provides an herbal blend of anti-inflammatory chamomile and stomach calming ginger, along with caffeine to metabolize fat.
- From there GU increased the amount of Histidine, an essential amino acid, to act as a buffer and slow the energy-sapping lactic acid build-up in muscles.
- GU mixed in higher levels of citrates (Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, and Citric Acid) to help speed the conversion of carbohydrates into energy molecules. Like Histidine, these citrates also help mitigate acid build-up. We also added more of the branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) Leucine, Valine, and Isoleucine to serve as another fuel source, aid in recovery and help maintain mental focus and reduce fatigue by limiting the central nervous system's production of serotonin.
- A key new ingredient is the amino acid complex Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (OKG) which limits the body's tendency to break down muscle protein tissue during extremely hard training and racing days. OKG keeps you going longer and promotes a speedier recovery.
- How to use: Consume one packet 5 minutes before and one packet every 45 minutes during activity. Wash down with your favorite GU Hydration Drink or water for optimum absorption.