The Taipan is unlike any other Hutchinson tyre, starting completely from scratch the idea was to create a unique all-around performing XC tire that would excel in a variety of conditions.
Traditional MTB tyre design is terrain or condition limited, aimed for either dry or muddy, rocky or wet specific. The Taipan spans all these conditions through its unique tread and knob design. Widely spaced knobs help shed mud when the going gets wet. Raised geometric ridges between the knobs grab onto roots and smaller rocks when you need traction between knob contact. The rolling contact patch also has 3mm high knobs that deliver a perfect mix of tread with low rolling resistance.
The Taipan also features specifically angled ramps on its geometrically profiled knobs that guarantee that when you grab a handful of brake lever, something predictable happens.
This 26 x 2.10 tyre is available in either Tubeless Ready or tube type design. The Tubeless ready model has a folding bead, 66TPI casing, and weighs in at 629 grams while the standard tube type model has a wire bead, 33TPI casing, and weighs in at 695 grams.
- Size: 26 x 2.10
- Excels in a variety of conditions; dry/muddy, rocky/wet
- Widely spaced knobs help shed mud when the going gets wet
- Raised geometric ridges between the knobs grab onto roots and smaller rocks
- Rolling contact patch has 3mm high knobs that deliver tread with low rolling resistance
- Specifically angled ramps on its geometrically profiled knobs that guarantee braking performance