The Merida One Forty 600 is a dual suspension mountain bike that offers an aggressive ride which is ready to take on downhills and technical trails. The Merida One-Forty 600’s frame is made from Merida’s Superlite 16 Aluminium (6061), which means that the walls can be super thin and deliver amazing strength without being overly heavy, ideal for demanding off-road riding and racing. A tapered head tube helps increase stiffness and allow for precise, reliable steering. The cables are routed internally so that they are protected from the elements, and the frame is given a second pass over weld to give it a sharp, carbon-like appearance.
Modern trail bike geometry is used in the One Forty 600, with shorter chainstays, a longer reach and a low centre of gravity to ensure that this bike is optimised for the best ride. It is equipped with Shimano’s 1×12 speed XT drivetrain, setting the standard on the trails with its simple 1x setup, yet the 12 speed drivetrain still gives you the range you need for any occasion. This bike is built to be ridden hard and when you’re going fast you’ll need to be able to stop in an instant, this is where the reliable Shimano M6100 Hydraulic Disc Brakes offer excellent all-weather control. Pair that with a Marzocchi Z2 fork with 150mm travel, as well as a RockShox Deluxe Select+ rear shock and the One Forty 600 can tackle all of the bumps with efficient ease. The lower shock mount moves with the system to deliver sensitive response characteristics. Merida’s engineers have precisely influenced the transmission ratio and progression, meaning the ‘Float Link’ rear suspension system appears to offer more travel than the model name suggests.
The Merida One Forty 600 is a tough and versatile dual suspension mountain bike which blends comfort with efficient performance and reliability. If you want to descend with some serious speed and enjoy the thrills of technical trails then the One Forty 600 is for you.
Superlite 16 Alloy: Our latest grade of aluminium (6016) enables super thin wall thicknesses whilst delivering amazing strength, ideal for demanding off-road riding and racing.
HFS – Hydro Forming System: Tubes are inserted into negative moulds and a hot emulsion of water and oil is forced through at pressure, enabling them to be formed into complex shapes.
Float Link Rear Suspension: The lower shock mount moves with the system to deliver sensitive response characteristics. Our engineers can precisely influence the transmission ratio and progression meaning a ‘Float Link’ rear suspension system appears to offer more travel than the model name suggests.
X-Taper Headtube: Using a tapered head tube with 1 1/8″ bearings in the top and 1 1/4″ or 1 1/2″ in the bottom creates superb stiffness and precise, confidence inspiring steering.
Internal Cable: Cables are routed through the frame, entering and exiting through smooth sockets. The bike looks neat, whilst the cables are protected from moisture and dirt.
Smooth Welding: Sometimes called ‘double pass welding’, a second pass over the weld gives a clean organic look to the frame. At first glance you will be convinced it is carbon.
Smart Entry: Cables, housings and brake hoses are clamped under tension to prevent rattling when the trail gets rough. All inlets are completely interchangeable to deal with Di2, hydraulic hoses, brake cable and gear cable housings etc.
- ** NOTE **
- Some models of bikes we sell we can't ship directly to you personally.
- In all cases after an order is we contact you to discuss the best option or feel free to chat online (link below) and tell us which town you live in to find out the best option
- All our stock is instore / warehouse in Taupo, we deliver too;
- Anywhere between Taupo to Tauranga
- Anywhere Taupo to Auckland and a little north of Auckland
- Most places between Taupo and Wellington
- South Island we will ship to a bike shop of your choice so the bike shop can assemble the bike to the standard required on your behalf.
- In all cases after an order is we contact you to discuss the best option.
- Our home delivery charge is free within certain areas. Please contact us to confirm the pricing (if any) while the website is being updated to clickable information. email@example.com
- Click & Collect is available from Taupo and a number of other locations around NZ, a full list is just being updated online shortly. If you have any questions in the meantime please contact firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
- Items can be picked up in-store at 2 Gascoigne Street, Taupo.
- All bikes we sell come with free servicing for Yes Instore in Taupo only.